Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Nook time!

In the midst of Hurricane Sandy, I thought celebrating cozy reading nooks might make everyone feel a little bit warmer. My favorite thing to do when the cold weather hits is to curl up with hot tea and a book (ok, maybe a computer?) Nothing makes me love the cold weather more than a warm place from which to escape, so on that note let's look at my favorite nooks!! 


For the princess at heart? This little nook is the one of the most romantic settings I've come across. There is nothing like white twinkling lights and a chandelier to create the ultimate feminine space. I don't think I would ever leave. 


This nook's oil paintings and warm colors scream for nothing but first editions and espresso. Though, I'm sure US Weekly and Mountain Dew would substitute just fine in this serene little corner. 


A perfect hideaway built under this beautiful arch, I love the layers of pillows and blankets available in this little space. The rustic stool and simple curtains are the ideal touches to finish off this colorful nook.


What a wonderful solution for combining storage and sleeping! Especially in areas where space is at a premium, this would be a great way to sneak an extra bed.


This nook has two things I will always love: toile and Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. So chic...


I love the built-in bookshelves in this nook (and I recognize the Nancy Drew's in the bottom corner!!!) The rough wood frame says rustic, while the modern fabric keeps the look up-to-date.


So the space might not technically be a nook, but it looks so cozy nonetheless. This chair would fit one girl and one (slightly overweight) King Charles perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment